Sunday, November 15, 2009

Did It

So I accomplished my goal today of getting to church. Let me tell you, this what quite the experience! We were late out the door due to a tantrum, Sophie missed breakfast and had a face covered in snot, we were late into church, had to exit moments after arriving because she was demanding a snack (luckily there were donuts in the Narthex), and carried along a very scantily clad Ariel. All in all though it was worth it, I got to see a friend from seminary preach after recently being installed and ordained under the new ELCA policy allowing pastors who are gay, a goal I worked hard for in seminary.

Next week I'll be better prepared with snacks, wipes, and distractions. Luckily Keith gave out stickers in his children's sermon and that provided quite a bit of distraction for Soph who was covered in them by communion time :) Once Sophie gets more used to going, I'll try bringing Wendi too. I'm happy to have found a church I like to go to that isn't too far away!

No comments:

Post a Comment