Wow, its been a long time since I've updated. Quite a bit has happened. I think I'll just do random thoughts and list things as they come to me.
1-My parents were in the Dominican Republic this week for vacation when the earth quake happened in Haiti, luckily they were far from the quake and didn't even feel it. Our old bishop's son however is one of the three Americans who died, it is very, very sad. My heart is broken for April and Judd and all those affected by the quake.
2-Totally different note, Sophie had her first day of "school" today. It went well, we made an ocean in a bottle, painted a fish, and learned a couple songs. I go with her again next week then the following two I stay half the time, and after that she is on her own until mid-March!
3-Wendi has mastered sitting up in the tri-pod and is well on her way to independence. I've even gotten her to play on the music table a few times supporting herself standing at it!
4- Sophie is doing great at going on the potty. She loves pull-ups and knows if she stays dry she gets a new one!
5- We went to Trader Joe's for the first time! It was far away but we like it, its kind of like Aldi but with lots of Organic and healthy options too. A great mix!
6- Both girls are fighting colds, Sophie has been quite sick but so far Wendi is keeping it at bay. The doctor said she'll lose my immunities soon though and we'll probably have a sick baby before we know it now that she's 6 months.
7- My job is going well. My first week on call was crazy and I encountered a horrible situation, but I learned from it and grew. I have a second interview for my residency Monday!
8- Wendi is a CHAMP at solid food. We started with sweet potatoes, then peas, and then squash. Today I think we may go back to peas just so she doesn't lose her taste for the green veggies. We made a video of her first time, I'll post it at some point.
9- Our birthday was also nice. We rented a great movie "Adventureland", ordered dinner in from Claim Jumpers and relaxed. Now I've got less than a year of being 20 and then things get serious.
10- Well, maybe that's it for now. I'll try to update more often!
Excellent updates! Adventureland is on my que and I can't wait to watch it. :)
ReplyDelete