I guess we're apparently on the "Speed Track" for solid food. As I mentioned before we skipped cereals and went straight to veggies which worked great. We did veggies for a week then added fruits, which she loves (oddly enough, prunes the most). Then last night, only three weeks into solid foods, we started meats. She loved her turkey with sweet potatoes! Things sure go differently when you have your second child and feel a little more entitled to change the rules and not follow every suggestion you hear. Even still, Sophie started meat at 5 1/2 months since we did follow the rules with her and began with cereal at 4 months.
Wendi is also growing by leaps and bounds. I'm pretty sure her tummy loves the solid foods and her growth is a sign of it. She's sitting up on her own and so close to rolling. I know she's far behind others her age in rolling, but Sophie was too, so I'm not worried. She'll become mobile when she's ready, I'm not rushing her because then I have two to chase.
Speaking of chasing, Sophie is doing GREAT at potty training. Yesterday she went all day with out an accident--she's even poo'ing in the potty which is a huge achievement! Today she's had one accident, but she caught herself and ran up to me saying "Pee mommy, pee!" I'm SOOOO proud of her! The down side is that potty training is probably going to give her a mouthful of cavities because Mike and Ikes have been her rewards :)
One last thing so that I remember when/if I have one more baby, I'm finally down to my pre-preg weight! Hopefully by memorializing this I won't be crying one week after the next one is born like I was after having Wendi about losing my body. It takes time to get back (well the original body never comes back), but the weight does come off with work!
Im bound and determined to bring my normal back, whatever I have to do, lots of weight lifting and shaping in the gym, along with Fitness trainer ;)!! Congrats to you, thats so exciting, I hope I can say the same as you...take care and see you in march!
ReplyDeleteHeidi, no amount of training, shaping or lifting will ever bring your boobs back to "normal". Huh Tara?
ReplyDelete